Saturday 27 June 2020

Busy Learners in Room 16

Sunday 28th June 2020

Kia Ora Whanau

We only have one more week to go until term 2 is  finished. It's been a very different term with regards to COVID-19 . Room 16  tamariki have adjusted well to their change, some tamariki moved with me into room 16. The rest of the tamariki stayed with Mrs Neale in room 14.

On Friday we made a chocolate cake with Vanilla frosting.  Unfortunately the cake burnt a little, we cut off the burnt pieces to my surprise what the tamariki ate.  We then iced it with the Vanilla frosting.

Everyone worked together using our Mana value of N - which  stands for- Nga mahi tahi.

All of the cake was eaten by everyone. We have been working on recognising  all the 26 letters of the alphabet.  Manawa knew 8 letters of the alphabet and  Hayze knew 5. Raymin now knows 8 letters as well.

We would like to welcome Tookie and Manawa into room 16. They are a pleasure to teach. We now have 16 tamariki in room 16.

Here are some photos I took later in the week.

Room 16 enjoying their chocolate cake they made together with Vanilla frosting.

Falcon and Manawa received their 10 blue card ticks. They went to see Whaea Chanelle in the office for their FREE duffy book. 

The tamariki were using the alphabet stones to see what letters they can recognise together. Manawa knew 8 letters.

I know room 16 are over the wet weather. Hopefully the water tanks and dams are getting fuller.

Have a happy weekend
Mrs Birchall and room 16.

3 comments:

  1. Kia ora my name is Ziggy I like the way you guys are helping each other learn letters.This reminds me of when I was in Mrs Birchalls class we used to do that all the time.Next time you can learn numbers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora room 14 us three Gerrat Hayze & Ajay are commenting on your post. It cool that you got free duffy books. That also reminded me of when I was in your class and we use to get duffy books. it is cool about seeing your books and all but I think next time you could bring the camera closer so we can see the book properly.

    ReplyDelete